Till today’s date, Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology and Himalaya Eye Institute are running masters in optometry course in Nepal under the affiliation of Pokhara University.
And as per the board meeting of MEC held on 18th September 2019, MEC bears the responsibility to conduct Postgraduate entrance examination in the current academic year with the following objectives:
- To develop a common syllabus for specific programs in PG entrance examination.
- To generate consensus and match logically between the existing PG entrance syllabus effective at various medical institutions.
- To find the scope of improvements/innovations in currently existing PG entrance examination.
To be eligible to apply for admission to the M.Optometry program, an applicant must have
- Bachelor of Optometry (B.Optom) degree or Bachelor of Optometry and Vision Science (B.Optom) or Doctor of Optometry (O.D) or B.Sc in Optometry (B.Sc. Optom) or equivalent from a recognized university/institution.
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 2.5/4 or 55% in bachelor level.
- Registered to Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC)-in A level.
- Candidates should score minimum 50% marks to pass entrance exam conducted by MEC for being eligible to be in the merit list.
For Scholarship (Additional)
- SLC/SEE verifying document from Government Public School
- No objection/release letter from Nepal Health & Population Ministry
- Other necessary documents (as per scholarship regulation/ guideline of MEC)
- Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology (Paying 06, Scholarship 01)
- Himalaya Eye Institute (Paying 04, Scholarship 01)
- Single best response type with MCQs
- Four options (A,B,C & D)
- 200 Questions
- Hours Allocated: 3 hours
|1.||Basic Science & organ system||8|
|2.||Ocular anatomy & physiology||16|
|3.||Physical & geometrical optics||10|
|6.||Diagnostic & investigative optometry||20|
|7.||Ophthalmic & dispensing optics||20|
|8.||Pediatric optometry & binocular vision||20|
|9.||Contact lens & ocular prosthesis||20|
|10.||Low vision & rehabilitation||20|
|12.||Geriatric optometry & vision care||10|
|13.||Research methodology & biostatistics||8|
|14.||Ethics & practice management in optometry||6|
Why online entrance?
In today’s world, everyone has been busy with their schedules due to which continuously the circumstances arise when one must skip their interest or even the need. Despite the interest of a huge number of students in joining the entrance classes to strengthen their capabilities to tackle an entrance exam, there have been several reasons that restrict them to attend live entrance classes. Basically, in this scenario of a global pandemic, it is just impossible to gather and have live entrance classes.
This bitter scenario influenced us to think- “what can be done in consideration of the need of those thousands of students?” With constant research and discussions with entrance experts, we came up with an initiation of Nepal’s 1st online optometry entrance classes for master’s level where one can upgrade their knowledge for their upcoming entrance being at home itself, just by sparing some hour from their day. This can be a huge platform that helps to step forward across the barrier that has been restricting. Thus, upgrading your knowledge and leading your path towards ultimate success.
You can STAND OUT in the Crowd!!
Story of victory in M. Optom!!
Aims and course outline of Entrance Preparation Classes
- To update the knowledge of students in a compiled manner within a concise time frame.
- To deliver guidance to students with an umbrella of entrance experts.
- To provide the required study materials for cracking an entrance exam.
- To familiarise & sensitize the students with similar questions that they are going to face in future.
- To build up student’s confidence for tackling the real entrance exam through a series of the model exam.
- To help students scoring yielding the highest marks in the entrance examination.
- How to select the correct answer form the multiple questions.
Why choose ”Master’s in optometry?”
- To have advanced disciplinary knowledge and skills of the profession.
- To advance your expertise in specialized areas of Optometry.
- To acquire skills and knowledge that will allow you to carry out research tasks in the field of Optometry.
- To enrich your critical thinking, writing, communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- To develop your career as a consultant, faculty, administrators and so on.
- To open a gateway for pursuing higher studies.
Modules of Exam Series ⇓
1- Nepal Medical Education Commission
2. NMEC – PDF