Course duration: 2 to 3 months.
Course facilitator: Maheswari Srinivasan M.Optom, F.I.A.C.L.E, F.A.S.C.O.
- What is virtual reality?
- Applications of virtual reality
- Future of optometry and expected impact of virtual reality on optometry.
Course content (main course)
- Virtual reality optics
- Virtual reality design
- Applications in Optometry
- Commercially available VR applications
- VR project (guided project)
What will you learn? ( main course)
At the end of the course
- The participants can understand and use a virtual reality device in clinical testing.
- The participants will be able to design their own innovative virtual reality head mounted device.
- The participants will be able to create innovative solutions for clinical challenges related to sports vision, binocular vision and low vision.
- The participants will be able to take up Virtual reality based projects for their thesis work.
Who can attend? ( main course and introductory session)
- Optometry students
- Masters of Optometry students
- Optometry teaching faculties.
- And anybody who has the passion to do something different